Sunday, January 13, 2008

View Haloo!

Unlike Joe, who was blogging before Al Gore invented the Internet, I am a new and infrequent contributor to blogs (last posting Aug. 19, 2007!), but here goes. Some news from Lake Melange de Berger.

Our St. Joe’s oncologist said Joe was “ahead of the curve” recovery-wise. That was good news, but cold comfort considering how dreadful Joe is feeling. They’ve got to figure out a better way to deal with those pesky cancer cells.

I actually got out the skillet and cooked something last night. Scrambled Eggs with Berkshire Ham Bits. Made a dinner theatre meal of this by adding Zingerman’s “Flat Bread” and a shot of orange juice while I watched the animated movie “Ratatouille” (charming). Not familiar with Zingerman’s “Flat Bread”? Here’s how you do it. Take a nice fresh loaf of Z’s Rustic Italian. Instead of eating it right away, decide to preserve it by vacuum sealing and freezing it. It flattens rather dramatically to its pre-levened state. None of those pesky air holes. Not a recommended technique unless you’re interested in a science experiment akin to those done with Peeps.

I had such a bad cold/sore throat last week that it seemed best to rest up. This was the first time since Coney Dog came to live with us seven years ago that I’d been unable to go on our walks twice a day. I was sad. Fortunately, we’d engaged Liz’s dog walking service in December to give Coney an additional walk each day. Liz stopped by morning and afternoon last week and she and Coney went on their tour of the neighborhood, a very good workout. I was happy to “get back in the saddle” this weekend with our daily walks. Feeling much better. Speaking of walks, time for another one. View Haloo! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4jM6OdbW9g&feature=related

1 comment:

sederleaf said...

the bread didn't bounce back? Bummer! "View Halloo" reminded me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idNiuIGpasU
Enjoy.